Timeline: Looking to hire someone by 1/10/16.
Want to know what goes into playing host to more than 16,000 highly engaged people, including 150 different businesses of all sizes? Want to be part of a geographically diverse team that puts on four festivals in four different states? Want to learn how operational excellence is also the best event marketing strategy? Loosely based in Boston, Colorado, and the Pacific Northwest, we’re a team of a dozen part time contractors who put on Subaru owner festivals in New England, Colorado, Oregon, and metro D.C.. We’re in the business of providing the best possible experiences for thousands of our fellow car fanatics, purely as a result of our own passion for the automotive community and the friends we’ve made and continue to make along the way. If you’re into knowing how these things go down, keep reading!
We’re looking for a highly communicative and incredibly organized part time staffer to help manage certain logistical elements, support marketing initiatives, and assist in miscellaneous planning and research tasks. In this role you’ll be working remotely and directly with the company’s Event Director.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
– helping coordinate various marketing initiatives, both digital and grassroots
– dealing directly with attendees questions and needs
– researching local businesses that should get involved
– organizing and managing digital assets
– booking and coordinating basic logistical needs
– assisting the Event Director with misc tasks
– helping improve our processes
Examples of what that might translate to:
– having flyers made and shipped to 50 businesses
– dealing with an unhappy commenter on Facebook
– calling every place in Maryland that will rent you a generator
– sorting through 1000 photos at a time
– keeping tabs on project todo lists
– solving different types of problems frequently
– anything and everything
Required to apply:
– strong organizational skills
– problem solver
– strong organizational skills
– strong resourcefulness (problem solver)
– strong computer skills
– high responsiveness to messages / emails and occasionally available to meet via video chat
– ability to estimate task needs / work involved and accurately track hours worked
– a working laptop with plenty of hard drive space and access to good internet
– ability to stay committed to the task at hand
Nice to haves:
– willingness to work during Eastern Time Zone morning hours on weekdays
– a hobby that has connected you to similar hobbyists
– an advanced sense of humor and a desire to have sometimes obscene fun while working hard
Pay structure and work hours:
– 4 to 8 hours per week
– minimum of 4 hours paid per week regardless of # of hours worked
– event weekend: travel expenses paid, 8 hours per day paid (maximum 2 days)
– 1099 independent contractor position, January through September 2017
Send an email to email@example.com with a note on why you want to be a part of the team and a one page resume. If it checks out, we’ll setup a time for you to take a 15 minute qualification test and an interview over Skype or Hangouts.
About Us: Founded in late 2009, SubieEvents, LLC is a grassroots automotive festival company. Having hosted festivals in CT, MA, WA, OR, MD, CO, and CA, the team’s mission is to make people happy everywhere it goes, be it a car enthusiast driving 2 hours to an event, a local shop owner, or a marketing manager at Subaru of America. The event team consists entirely of part time contractors with varying backgrounds, from software development to airline marketing to health insurance to photography to network engineering. Though scattered in different parts of the country, the SubieEvents team consists entirely of BFFs.
For more about us, visit: www.subieevents.com.